SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: The Sociopath Amongst Us

Monday, December 29, 2014

The Sociopath Amongst Us

What you are about to read is another post borrowed from ATR Alliance Facebook page. It is about the workplace Sociopath and/or Narcissist from on high that we must deal with every day.

These types aren't like when George W Bush said, "You are either with us or against us." No, these people are worse.

It's squashing all dissent ruthelessly and making those dissenters examples for others to scare the others into submission.

Independent thought or questioning is not allowed. Either by squashing all the thought and questioning punitively or by manipulation. Manipulating all facets of the work place to the point that anything and everything has to go through the Sociopath and/or Narcissist.

Manipulating others into thinking that they are part of the "inner circle." These types have no clue to how much they are being manipulated and how far up the ass of the Sociopath and/or Narcissist they reside for they have drank the Kool-Aid and have turned over their minds and acquiesced to working in fear.

But these are just the types the sociopath and/or narcissist wants. These "inner circle" types never see it coming. The day they fall out of favor with the Sociopath and/or Narcissist. It hits them like a ton of bricks and they are soon like a chicken running without it's head. Flailing for someone to help them when they themselves were the first to throw a colleague under the bus.

The Sociopath and/or Narcissist believes that only they have the answers, they have the knowledge, and they can control everything. They can't. Their head ain't any bigger than anyone else.

But yes, the Sociopath and/or Narcissist is not all they are cracked up to be. The swagger the evil, the lack of empathy shows how frightened they really are. Are scared they are. How insecure they are.

It's simple if the Sociopath and/or Narcissistis secure within themselves it would not act the way it does. It will show human emotion and empathy. It will not control all there is to control. It will think of others and want others to feel safe and do their jobs.

We here at SBSB present for you reading enjoyment, the workplace Sociopath and/or Narcissist juxtaposed with "Big Time," off the 1986 album  "So" by Peter Gabriel.

I'm on my way I'm making it, huh!
I've got to make it show yeah, hey!
So much larger than life
I'm gonna watch it growing


The most frightening and dangerous workplace bully of all. They are predators that have zero empathy for anything or anyone. They are completely without conscience. They do not process emotions they way you do and they do not understand your emotions. However, they are highly adept at manipulating the emotions of others in order to get them to do what they want.

The place where I come from is a small town
They think so small, they use small words
But not me, I'm smarter than that,
I worked it out
I'll be stretching my mouth to let those big words come right out
I've had enough, I'm getting out
to the city, the big big city
I'll be a big noise with all the big boys, so much stuff I will own
And I will pray to a big god, as I kneel in the big church


Sociopaths are often very intelligent, charming, even charismatic with powerful verbal skills of persuasion. If you are up against a sociopath you will not likely win. They are ruthless and relentless.

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
Big time, I've got to make it show yeah, big time
Big time, so much larger than life
Big time, I'm gonna watch it growing, big time
Ho ohh ohh, oh oh, ho ohh ohh, oh ohhh


They do not accept or care about the consequences of their actions. They gravitate to positions of authority and power and are able to attain executive levels of management. They will surround themselves with sycophants who have been put into their positions by this workplace bully. But because many of them are promoted because of their submission to the bully and lack the skills they should have they are forever beholden to the sociopath. He will then use that to get them do do the dirty work and engage in attacks against his target.

My parties have all the big names and I greet them with the widest smile
Tell them how my life is one big adventure
and always they're amazed when I show them 'round my house to my bed
I had it made like a mountain rage with a snow white pillow for my big fat head
And my heaven will be a big heaven, and I will walk through the front door


People are regarded as objects that serve a purpose. Once they are not able to serve a purpose for the sociopath they are discarded like yesterdays trash.

Big Time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, Huh!
Big time, I've got to make it show yeah, big time
Big time, so much larger than life
Big time, I'm gonna watch it growing, big time
Big time, my car is getting bigger Big time, my house is getting bigger
Big time, my eyes are getting bigger
and my mouth
Big time, my belly's getting bigger
Big time, and my bank account
Big time, look at my circumstance


It is a mistake to underestimate the lengths to which a sociopath will go, the deception they will engage in or how little you matter to them. If you are being stalked by a sociopath your best option is to get as far away from them and their influence as you can. In a word, they are "evil".

Be wary and careful out there.


No comments: