SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: Who I Voted for and Why on My UFT Ballot

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Who I Voted for and Why on My UFT Ballot

The new ballots are in!! The new ballots are in!! The new ballots are in!!

And just for the record I can see into the future and know that Unity will win.

This has been the first time since 2007 or so that I haven't voted slate. I picked good people that I know. My vote might not mean anything, but at least I can live with my values. I have yet to vote for Andrew Cuomo (always have used a write in), did the same with Hilary Clinton when she ran for the Senate.

I vote for candidates from Unity, New Action, and even Solidarity. I refused to vote for anyone from MORE. I even noticed that MORE's equivalent to Greg Marmalard (Mike Stivers click here) and Douglas C Neidermeyer (Adam Sanchez click here) are running. PUKE!

So here who is I voted for and why.

President: Lydia Howrilka Solidarity

We have had our issues. We have gotten by that, and I see she has grown. She truly wants to help teachers and education and is not driven by ego.

Assistant Secretary: Mike Sill Unity

Mike is a stand up guy in an impossible job. He has come through other ATRs as well as myself. He works hard.

VP Elementary: Johnathan Hinesley Solidarity

John is a great guy. Very dedicated and very passionate.  He'll make a good VP.

VP Special Ed: Quinn Zannoni

Quinn comes highly recommended. I admired that he showed up, as well as Lydia and John, to ICE meetings in an attempt for reconciliation. That shows guts.

Executive Board at Large: Mindy Rosier-Rayburn Unity, Amy Arundell Unity, Mary Atkinson Unity, Michael Shulman New Action 
 
Does Mindy really need any explaining? She's great. I am honored she considers me a friend. Mindy will be independent and do what is right. Amy, same reason as Mike Sill. Both Mindy and Amy got me through my suspension. Mary Atkinson is very accessible, and I know she will do right by a certain school in District 7. Shulman? I have met him once, and I like him. Impeccable dresser and showed restraint and did not invoke the Castle Doctrine when a crazy person showed up at his house.

Convention Delegates: In addition to the above mentioned who are already running as delegates I am voting for Jonathan Halabi New Action, Bill Woodruff Unity, Arthur Goldstein Unity, Mike Schirtzer Unity, and Jeff Povalitis Unity 

Jonathan is as smart as a whip, and I have seen him in action helping a teacher. He is extremely caring of the teachers in his school and wish he ran for an office position. Bill Woodruff is my district rep and has saved my ass a few times and not just me. This guy really gives a shit.,

As for Arthur and Mike. I can't vote for them for HS exec board, but I can vote for them as delegates. I really wish people will leave them the fuck alone. I do not believe for one iota of a second that power has gone to their head or that they have been seduced. Along with Mindy I believe that they can better affect change from within and will be successful. Think of them as a virus that has been implanted within Unity. Or better yet, there are guaranteed to be three people on exec boards that you know you can go to and they will listen to you and help you unconditionally. Can't beat that.

As for Jeff Povalitis, I like him even though he is Phillies fan. He likes busting principals balls and if memory serves he was behind this getting the UFT involved quite quickly.

One prediction. Going by slate votes from 2016 MORE had over 10k votes. My prediction is that MORE's slate vote will be less than 5k. Which MORE will claim as a victory. Hell, if they got 25 votes for their fruity little caucus MORE will be happy, twenty five sycophantic brainless followers can serve them well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haj should be on the ballot, not Sill - he does all his work for him.

Anonymous said...

I voted MORE slate last time around. Now that they are mostly a bunch of whining commies, I voted SOLIDARITY slate this time. Ballot already mailed.

Anonymous said...

I wish Portelos was on the ballot so I could vote for him as UFT president. I know you agree Peter.

Pete Zucker said...

Haj is not my favorite person. Sill does a lot.

@11:14, of course, how did you know?

Anonymous said...

My go to quote for Shill - He’s fucked over more ATRs than Russell Simmons has aspiring starlets. Still holds true. Haj does his dirty work by telling ATRs no to to everything requested.