SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: A Tribute to Kings

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

A Tribute to Kings

 This is a repost. Figured since I'm on a roll with concert reviews why not revisit this concert? And I want to blog and still recovering from surgery on wrist and elbow and typing is a PIA. I'm in world of repeats.

Back on September 26, 2021 I was able to see live music for the first time in almost 18 months. Who did I see? I saw Primus. It was my first time ever seeing them.  Why did I go? Because they were to play Rush's 1977 album, "A Farewell to Kings" in its entirety. The show was at the Oakdale Theater in Wallingford, CT where they were supposed to play in July of 2020. But due to the COVID craziness everything was postponed. 

But being there is no more Rush ever again (Unless Geddy and Alex can recruit Ringo Dave Grohl to take over the drums or maybe even Mike Portnoy) I need to get a Rush fix whenever possible. Les Claypool took care of it for a night. By the way, I really enjoyed the show and I like Primus.

So I am embedding the the first three songs of AFTK. The title track, Closer to the Heart, and Xanadu. Enjoy. 

Update 4/12/23: Next up for me:  Daryl Hall, Capitol Theater in Port Chester 6/7/23

 

 

 

 


No comments: