SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: The Audio From My WFAS-AM Interview

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Audio From My WFAS-AM Interview

I would like to give a big thank you to Bob Marrone and his right hand man, his producer, his engineer, (His very own BabaBooey) Scott for the warm welcome and the graciousness of allowing me to share time with them this morning at WFAS-AM 1230 in White Plains (The studio is actually in Hartsdale).

Just to share a brief story or two. I grew up a few blocks away from WFAS (The tower loomed over the neighborhood) and my friends and I will go up there on a Saturday morning to try to get the DJ's to give us old 45's they no longer needed. I remember once getting Clapton's version of "I Shot the Sheriff."

On another occasion, I must've been about 10 years old, we went up there one weekend morning to try to get the morning guy, Bob E. Lloyd to advertise the car wash we had on our street to raise money so we can buy baseball cards. Believe it or not, he did.

So back to this morning.

I arrived at the studio about 6:25 sat down watched Bob do the news and soon enough it was my turn at 6:35. The interview was in three segments, coming between the usual stuff, news, sports, weather traffic, commercials and contest for Westchester Knicks tickets.

The interview started with background about myself and built up to the crescendo of my current predicament. Here for your perusal and listening enjoyment is the entire interview in 3 parts.

Oh, and before I forget, I will be appearing again next Tuesday, November 25 at 6:35 AM


Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

No comments: