SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: CAUGHT ON AUDIO YET AGAIN!! DR Alison Coviello: "YOU LACK COURAGE!!!!!"

Friday, July 12, 2013

CAUGHT ON AUDIO YET AGAIN!! DR Alison Coviello: "YOU LACK COURAGE!!!!!"

On June 18, I was summoned by the grand exalted poobah, Prinicpal DR Alison Coviello of PS 154 in the Bronx to yet a another disciplinary conference regarding stuff that any other teacher in the school would have been left alone.

Basically, there was one teacher, in fact two, that whined about my tone of voice to them. The irony is that one teacher had besmirched a colleague who I feel is should be the most respected and hard working staff members at PS 154.

This other teacher, well, let's just say, lied, twisted, and distorted the tone of voice and what I said. But I digress. Not to worry. I know what the truth is.

I will not disparage a staff member or be a rat to a staff member. I think rats are the lowest forms of life, next to car salesmen, on this planet and should be treated accordingly. The colder the shoulder the better.

But, even if I did talk to them in the way I was accused of, or anybody in this school talked that way, surely one can assume that this type of behavior has been modeled and seen as acceptable by the staff at PS 154.

We can look no further than the sarcastic, snarky, "I'm smarter than you because you're an idiot," "you are not one of my favored teachers," attitude seen day in and day out by Principal DR Alison Coviello.

So why is it OK, even acceptable, for Principal DR Alison Coviello to talk to me in this manner when I  finally got frustrated by 10 months of abuse and what I believe is a conspiracy to U rate me?

Can you hear the unprofessionalism on her part? Not just the manner and the tone of voice in which she is talking to me, but by how she is trying to egg me on. Not only in that audio but this one as well. Her attempts to either have me explain why I won't give her specifics or worse, to get me to lose my temper fail.

Funny how she is so insecure that just because I told her that she created a hostile work environment she believes that is a threat. Me thinks she actually has a guilty conscience and is afraid that she will be exposed for what she really is.But how is it a threat when I refuse to tell her how she has created a hostile work environment?

It is like dealing with a school yard bully who says, "Tell me to my face," "you can't." And,  I "can't handle it."

My favorite part is how in both audios she tells me I lack courage.
Courage! What makes a king out of a slave? Courage! What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage! What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage! What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? Courage! What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage! What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the "ape" in apricot? What have they got that I ain't got? 
I got courage.  I have put up with abuse after abuse all year.  I have never conspired to ruin someone's career (still alleged, but I believe in my heart of hearts), I don't go behind someone's back. If I have a problem with someone I tell them. I truly want to do the right thing. I have time after time asked, pleaded, begged to talk to Prinicpal DR Alison Covielloand clear the air. Either to her her through intermediaries. And believe it or not, I am still willing to clear the air.

But don't ever question my courage. As Principal DR Alison Coviello shared with the staff last year she does not like the emphasis on testing and feels it is hurting the process. Sign this then as did 1,500 principals across New York State did.

And please, do not lecture me on how I talk when you, Principal DR Alison Coviello, can't even practice what you preach.

PS 154 in the Bronx is a hostile work environment. And it is a fearful place in which staff walk on egg shells in which they wonder if they will "be next."

PS 154 is run under an imperialistic regime. That is not the way to run a school





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I taught at 154 Coviello's first two years there. Even then she thought she was the smartest and had no patience for those she thought were not as smart as her.