SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: Whitney Tilson. World's Largest Douche

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Whitney Tilson. World's Largest Douche

Whitney's blog makes me laugh. The angry liberal, with his white liberal guilt thinks he knows what he right for education and for little children of color. As long as they don't come too near him. Whitney sends his children to one of the more exclusive private schools in Manhattan.

Anyway, Whitney's latest posting is about an "unnamed Teaching Fellow, and an unnamed and supposedly closed school in the south Bronx. It is a very creative piece of fiction. Some of my favorite passages include:

"....he sent me to an apt broker friend of hers. I told the friend I wanted to live in Washington Heights. "Your mother would be very upset with me if I let you go live with THOSE PEOPLE. We fought with bricks and bats and bottles to keep them out of our neighborhoods. Do you see what they have done to this place?"


"I told her we were in the middle of assembling an Encyclopedia on great Dominican, Puerto Rican and Black leaders (all of my students were Dominican, Black or Puerto Rican). "Mr. ____, we had Cin-co de May-o, and Black History Month, and all that other stuff. It is time for the AMERICAN Americans."

"Our Union Rep was said to have tried to push another teacher down a flight of stairs. The same Union Rep, while I was tutoring a child, cursed out a fellow teacher in the room next door at the top of her lungs so the child I was tutoring could hear every word."
It is freaking amazing. Read the rest. Almost every single negative stereotype of a bad teacher is in that amazing piece of fiction. But, I tell you what Whitney.

This is a challenge. Prove it. Simple. Prove that the person who wrote the piece is actually teacher and prove there is a school. If you do, and there are hundreds of readers who are witnesses I will do this. I will treat for one night the way you like to be treated in highway rest stops here in the NYC metro area, and across America. You have my word on this Whitney. Prove it. Simple as that.

No comments: