SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: The "Leader" and The Cowgirl

Saturday, July 4, 2015

The "Leader" and The Cowgirl

One thing a good leader should always do is not to assume. A good leader will know to ask questions before the leader makes assumptions. Only a "leader" will assume and we all know what happens when one assumes, no?


In yesterday's post we discussed how an unnamed "leader" not only decided to throw my 3020-a proceedings and decision in my face but the unnamed "leader" decided without having read the transcript nor having asked me any questions that the unnamed "leader" knew the entire background of my case.

Today is another lesson on why we ask questions, why we don't make unfounded conclusions, and why when one wants to act as a "leader" one does not do what the unnamed "leader did.

The Cowgirl was mentioned yesterday in how I was thrown under the bus. Yes, of course, this Cowgirl could not have done it without the enabling of DR Alison Coviello; Principal and Ed.D of PS 154 in the Bronx. But as we know no one makes anyone do anything they don't want to do. As the unnamed "leader" know, being a tattle tale on other teachers is gauche.

We here at SBSB wish to share with the unnamed "leader" what type of person The Cowgirl truly is. The Cowgirl created a issue in September 2012 with the then physical education teacher, Carmine Ragguzzi. Carmine was so hurt that he penned an email to DR Alison Coviello; Principal and Ed.D of PS 154 in the Bronx. Carmine has shared the email with The Crack Team which will be shared here on these pages and seen nationally for the first time ever. Names and class numbers have been changed.

The following accurately describes a situation that occurred between Class 222 (The Cowgirl) at the time of their scheduled Physical Education class on September 19, 2012:

Class 222 was scheduled to have Physical Education at 1:50 in the gymnasium. The door to the gym that class 222 usually enters was left open just prior to 1:50 in expectation of their arrival. After opening the door and while waiting for the class, I returned to my office to prepare and "catch up" on a few things.  At 2:05 another staff member telephoned me, and during our brief conversation, I mentioned that I had been waiting for my class to arrive.  After that call(15 Minutes having passed), the class still was not at the gym. Therefore, I started to put away the equipment that was to be used for this class, thinking there was some unknown reason for the class not to show. I then checked the hallway once more, still no class.  I then closed the gym door.  There was no courtesy call to explain the situation. At this point, I went to the library to check the school website.

For this teacher to tell the Principal that the class had been waiting at the gym door at 1:50 was a blatant lie and an attempt to discredit me with absolutely no regard for the picture this painted as far as me adhering to my responsibilities as a teacher.

In addition to the above, there have been numerous instances whereby students from class 222, because of unacceptable prior behavior in their Physical Education class, it was necessary to make use of the "Buddy System" and have them sent to another buddy teacher's classroom in place of their P.E. class.


The Cowgirl was advised of this prior to the P.E. class and sent the students to their P.E. class, ignoring my request.

Carmine


Hmmm. One can see a pattern here with The Cowgirl. One can also see the blatant hypocrisy of The Cowgirl and the cahoots The Cowgirl engaged in with DR Alison Coviello; Principal and Ed.D of PS 154 in the Bronx.

Worse, it makes one wonder of the unnamed "leader" will engage in the type of behavior of The Cowgirl with members and teachers that dare to disappoint the leader. 

I can sleep at night and look in the mirror. I have never thrown something back in a teacher's face and if I have any questions I ask.

1 comment:

ed notes online said...

Having attended most of your hearings - I have 25 pages of notes which your lawyer used -- I get exactly what you are saying. I saw the context of all the charges -- before it began I thought you would be a dead duck -- but they as usual overreached and your testimony was so believable it saved you.