SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: The UFT Syncs Up With The Godfather Movie

Friday, April 23, 2021

The UFT Syncs Up With The Godfather Movie

 For the last month or so Showtime has been showing Godfather Parts I and II as well as the reformatted version of Godfather III. Coppola moved some scenes around and added some scenes to Three which made the story easier to follow. However, I still cringe every time Sofia Coppola is on screen.

But I love the opening scene of The Godfather. The scene is so well written and performed it got me to thinking. What if Bonasera was not an undertaker? What if Bonasera's daughter were to be a teacher? What if it weren't 1945 but rather, 2021? What happens when you mix chocolate and peanut butter? What happens when you mix the UFT and the Godfather? You get a sync of some sorts. 

I can't believe I have to put the following disclaimer, but I know if I don't there will be a few that do not understand parody and satire. So here goes:

In no way, shape, or form are myself nor The Crack Team denigrating Italian-Americans. The Crack Team and myself are also not advocating any violence whatsoever. In the same vein if we here at SBSB did a mash up of the UFT and the Wrath of Khan it would not be as if we advocating space travel, the stealing of the Genesis device, hijacking a Federation ship, or leaving UFT officers marooned on Ceti Alpha 5.

Thank you for your understanding. Have a good giggle.

Bonasera: I believe in teaching and teacher unions. Teaching and teacher unions have given me a comfortable lifestyle. And I raised my daughter to be a proud teacher and a proud UFT member. I gave her freedom but I taught her never to dishonor the profession or the UFT. She found a "principal," not an educator, but TFA at a good elementary school. She worked hard for him and the students. She came early and stayed late. I didn't protest. Two months ago it started, the observations, the letters to file, with with the help of another administrator. They gave her U ratings and lied in their evaluations of her. Lied in the discipline letters. She fought back. She kept her honor. So they denied her tenure. Like an animal. When I went to the her apartment her soul was broken. Her eyes were filled with tears.. She couldn't even eat because of  how sad she was. But I wept. Why did I weep? She was the light of my life. A great teacher. Now she will never be able to teach again. 

I went to the UFT, like a good teacher. These two administrators were reported by my daughter. The UFT did nothing! Gave her bad advice. Nothing! I stood at 52 Broadway like a fool, and those two bastards, continued harassing other teachers. Then I said to my wife, "For justice, we must go to the  Don Corleone UFT Caucus." 

Don Corleone UFT Caucus: Why did you go to the UFT? Why didn't you come to us first? 



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clemenza and Tessio would be having a meeting with Michael regarding the school choice menu feed to us from the far left. At that point they will decide that Lucabratsie is needed to joi. the meeting. Hey Luca

Dan McConnell said...

You think it's the far left feeding the school choice menu? Who do you think is far left? If anything, in my mind school choice is another free market scheme that comes more from black-hearted capitalist types which might be neoliberal at their most left. Even more likely conservative right and far right who are happy to feed the least powerful to the market and their children right along with them.

Pete Zucker said...

Oh let’s not get into the charter debate.

Is Mulgrew the Fredo of the UFT?