SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: Red Lenses

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Red Lenses

 I just felt like posting this video of Rush from November 1984 from the Grace Under Pressure Tour. I was 20 years old at the time and I missed this tour. In fact after seeing them for the first time during the Exit...Stage Left Tour in 1981 I did not see them again until the Presto tour in 1990.

Grace Under Pressure album was heavy on the keyboards, but that was Rush in the mid 80's. I know of lots of fans who did not like their turn towards keyboards but I liked it. It was different. 

Two red songs on GUP or as us in Rush fandom say, "p/g." Get it? Leave comment with what "p/g" means and win a prize. 

So below are the lyrics and then the bootleg video.

I see red
And it hurts my head
I guess it must be something
That I read
It's the color of your heartbeat
A rising summer sun
The battle lost or won
The flash to fashion
The pulse to passion
Feels red inside my head
And truth is often bitter left unsaid
Said red red
Thinking about the overhead
The underfed
Couldn't we talk about
Something else instead
We've got Mars on the horizon
Says the National Midnight Star
It's true
What you believe is what you are
A pair of dancing shoes
The Soviets are the blues
The reds, under your bed
Lying in the darkness
Dead ahead
And the mercury is rising
Barometer starts to fall
You know it gets to us all
The pain that is learning
And the rain that is burning
Feel red, still, go ahead
You see black and white
And I see red, red
Not blue
 

No comments: