SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: Take It Easy

Friday, March 24, 2023

Take It Easy

 On July 13 of lat year I had the privilege to see Jackson Browne live for the first time ever. 

The venue was the Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater in Bridgeport CT. The venue was a former minor ballpark that had hosted the Atlantic League's Bridgeport Bluefish.

As I expected, the crowd was 50+. As compared to when I saw John Lodge last month, there were those in the audience younger than me. 

I was hoping Browne would perform "Lawyers in Love," but sadly he didn't. I was also hoping that Leland Sklar was still playing bass with him, but he was nowhere to be found 

Browne opened up with "Somebody's Baby" (click here for my video), a song he wrote for the movie, "Fast Times at Ridgemont High."

Early in the show he did the title track from his latest album, "Downhill From Everywhere" (Click here for my video) which I really enjoyed.

But of course he did the biggies. Running on Empty, Doctor My Eyes, Cocaine, You Love the Thunder, Take it Easy, and of course The Load Out/Stay.  

No comments: