SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: Friday Night Videos: It's Just a Step to the Right (Time Warp)

Friday, December 3, 2021

Friday Night Videos: It's Just a Step to the Right (Time Warp)

 The first time I saw Rocky Horror was my senior year in high school back in 1982. It was a midnight showing at, I believe, the RKO Proctor in New Rochelle.

We brought all the props. I just really remember the water guns and throwing the toast. I don't recall much of the movie other than a shitload of people dressed as Dr Frank N. Furter and other characters up in front of the screen acting out the movie word for word.

Flash forward about 39 1/'2 years later I finally went to see Rocky Horror for the second time. This time in Peekskill. But sadly, the water pistols and the toast were not allowed. But the other props were. 

And the call outs! I forgot all about them!

"He's got no fucking neck!"

"So's Brad!"

"What the heck is a radio picture? It’s a picture of a radio. What else?"

And there are others...

So in honor of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, let's do the Time Warp!

No comments: