SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: The Chosen One

Monday, December 15, 2008

The Chosen One

It's official. There was white smoke seen from the school's chimney. Today, pending any unforeseen happenings, the interim acting title has been removed and the third, yes you read that right, third assistant principal in our school of about 500 has been anointed. I hope I am wrong. I hope the C-30 committee was able to see the light. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

The Chosen One had been an AP, both acting interim, on two previous occasions in my school. Two years ago The Chosen One quit after a month because The Chosen One got the ten month gig and returned to the classroom. Last year The Chosen One was IA for the entire year only to learn The Chosen One was excessed and had to return to the classroom. John Deacon comes in and presto! The Chosen One licks up the excrement that John Deacon spews and is now sitting pretty. Just proves that the third time is the charm.

Think about how lucky The Chosen One is. The third time as AP, the third AP. Things that come in three are good. Think about it. Chip, Ernie, and Robbie. Moe, Larry and Curly. Tinker, Evers and Chance. Groucho, Harpo and Chico. The list is endless. If I were The Chosen One I would play all 3's tomorrow.

I must leave now. But I have written a song for The Chosen One. It goes to the tune of Lionel Ritchie's Three Times a Lady.

Thanks for the times
That you've given us
The questions are all in our heads
And now that we've come
To the end of the process
Theres something
We must say out loud
You're once, twice
Three times an AP
Yes you're once twice
Three times an AP

When we are working
What you do we wonder
With every ounce of our brains
To see you to know you
To feel that you sold it
Theres no soul left in you
You're once twice
Three times an AP

1 comment:

proofoflife said...

C30 process is a farce. It is fixed before the first question is raised to an interviewee. I know I have been there done that. It is a waste of time.