SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: Twelve Days Left

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Twelve Days Left

Ah, today's school day is over. At lunch the perfect song came to me for today. Xanadu by Rush (Yeah, I know, but it's not going to be all Rush videos for the next two weeks).

Xanadu as on 1977's album A Farewell to Kings (By the way, Primus will be on tour starting in August playing AFTK in it's entirety). It was also on 1981's live album Exit...Stage Left. I like the song better live than the studio version. When I saw Rush in 2004 at Radio City Alex Lifeson pulled out his double neck and it was just awesome. They only play half the song in this 2004 version.

So why did I pick Xanadu? As many Rush fans know Neil Peart did not like touring. This was a long tour and the official DVD was shot in Frankfurt, Germany. Neil wanted the tour to end. That's why at 1:14 into the video you see Alex and Neil eyeball each other and both hold up two fingers. Two days to go on the tour. Or two more shows? I forget. 

Yes, I know 12 days left not 2, but I feel how Neil felt 17 years ago. 

But I went over the lyrics and some words struck me about the upcoming end of the school year. 

To break my fast on honey dew
And drink the milk of Paradise..."

...time has passed me by
Stars stopped in the sky
Frozen in an everlasting view

Weary of the night
Praying for the light

Enjoy the video.... 


And for those who wish to see entire song, this is from 2015 r40 tour 


 

 

  


No comments: